View Photo

Photo Albums > Around the Village > Bailiff's Cottage - the 'South' Yew Tree Cottage First photo Previous Photo Next Photo Last photo
Bailiff's Cottage - the 'South' Yew Tree Cottage
These 2 images received from Perla de Heer with the following note:
Yew Tree cottages
North cottage is called Mission Cottage and south cottage is Bailiffs cottage (this is the one we lived in). Attached are 2 photo's of frontal view, 1 in summer and 1 in winter [not shown on website] and 1 photo of the back of Bailiffs cottage

Date: 15/10/2005 16:22
Added by: steveA
Dimensions: 500 x 312 pixels
Filesize: 26.3kB
Comment: 1
Number of views: 1131

Comments

88 #1 88 commented on April 25 2006 23:01:35
These two cottages formed the basis of the main farm house to Yew Tree Farm during the tenure of Mr. G. Maitland Phillips from the Second World War years up to the time that the farm buildings and nursery were sold to the council. At this time a new farm house was built by the new owners of Yew Tree Farm in the field behind "Woodside" and "Fieldside" at the bottom of Croes Howell Hill.The north wing of the old house was divided off as servants' quarters and eventually was let in the 1950's to a Miss Wells-Smith who was also a Sunday School teacher at the Cam Yr Alyn Baptist chapel.

Post Comment

Please Login to Post a Comment.