View Photo

Photo Albums > Around the Village > 'Baptist Chapel' on Cox Lane First photo Previous Photo Next Photo Last photo
'Baptist Chapel' on Cox Lane
This white cottage featuring two crosses was the birthplace of "The Church of Christ" a world-wide religious movement which still flourishes in the United States. It was visited in 1847 by Alexander Campbell who led the creation of the movement in the USA. The cottage is now a residential house.

Date: 03/01/2005 16:12
Added by: steveA
Dimensions: 400 x 300 pixels
Filesize: 35.04kB
Comment: 1
Number of views: 1517

Comments

88 #1 88 commented on April 25 2006 22:39:30
This was one of the homes of the Davies family who were one of the oldest families in the area since the time of the Fire of London from which they fled. The family also owned the large property near the Flash which is now of course the Pantyr Ochain Hotel. The family went on to establish a private Baptist chapel in Cam Yr Alyn which was originally part of the estate. The chapel sadly was closed and is now two houses, situated near the rebuilt foot bridge over the Alyn, on the old B5102 opposite Stoneleigh.

Post Comment

Please Login to Post a Comment.